Calpernia's New Years Eve 2008 Photos
[flickr album=72157611978150129 num=30 size=Square]
New Year’s Eve 2008 at Miss Kitty’s was fabulous… I didn’t drink too much, and I even got a (somewhat dubious) kiss after midnight. All in all, another decent passage from one year to the next.
I suppose November made six years for me in Hollywood, which is amazing. I just got done texting with Chyna, my good friend and showgirl mother back in Nashville, so I’m still in touch with the people who made me who I am back home. And earlier this evening I had snacks and fine wine with some amazing Los Angeles friend, proving that I’ve cultivated new relationships. Success, by any measure.
I started working as a showgirl off and on in 1994, making this upcoming year my 15th as a full time professional in the entertainment business. In that time, I’ve had too many adventures to go into here. But in 2008, we showed “Casting Pearls” all over the United States and the world. We wrote and shot our upcoming film, “Transproofed”, which will be out soon. We premiered “Transamerican Love Story” on Logo, and then I got to travel the country promoting it, alongside the cast of “Sordid Lives”. I shot “Not For You” with Brian Pera in Memphis, and a small scene in “Boulevard” with Elliot London. I performed in “No Fats, Femmes or Asians” with Alec Mapa. I hosted and performed in countless shows at Miss Kitty’s in Hollywood. I began writing for Psychology Today Magazine online. I was chosen as one of 2008′s OUT 100 (my second time!). I released a successful dance single: “Stunning”. I had a video featured on the front page of YouTube, which later accumulated well over 1,000,000 hits: Bad Questions to Ask a Transsexual.
I’m sure there are more things, but I can’t think of them right now. Overall, I am thankful for the wonderful good fortune I’ve had this year, and I hope the coming year will be all the more exciting!
- New Years Eve 2010 Show!
- UNREAL: The Music Video
- Calpernia at Disney Tonight and Tomorrow with Alec Mapa
- Calpernia Performs "Stunning" and "Miss Dis" at Benefit
- Calpernia Performs “Stunning” and “Miss Dis” at Benefit
- Calpernia as Musical Guest for Del Shores "The Storyteller" Wednesday, June 3, 2009
- Calpernia as Musical Guest for Del Shores “The Storyteller” Wednesday, June 3, 2009
- Video from the 2009 GLAAD Media Awards – Calpernia’s Acceptance Speech
- Great Video on How They Edit Reality Shows
- “Transamerican Love Story” Ties For “Outstanding Reality Series” at 2009 GLAAD Media Awards